Thursday, March 4, 2010

Interview with Navdeep!!!

Navdeep, the actor who got rave reviews for his performance in Arya 2 on movies, not being a star yet, and staying sane.


Never having to struggle hard to survive nor tasting real success so far, I’m Successfully Surviving!



Positive feedback for a non-lead role, so will we see more of you in this avatar?
It’s nice to see my work appreciated as an actor, and especially as I was advised by everyone against it!
Though I was a little apprehensive about it, the way in which the character was portrayed and the honesty of the film makers who approached me for this made me accept it.
And I’m more than happy that the risk paid off but for now, I’m going to focus on playing the lead roles.
So, what got you into acting?
I come from a grounded, educated family and post Intermediate waiting for results and nothing much to do, I realized I wasn’t cut out for a 9-5 job and I didn’t want to spend the next few years running the rat race.
Since I had been repeatedly told by numerous people that I could try acting, and there were auditions going on for Teja garu’s Jai, a friend of a friend got me in and after that, things just fell into place!
Most of your movies have you playing the loverboy, what about your forthcoming roles?
Om Shanti and Yagam are my next movies, and hopefully they will change that image completely.
In Yagam, which is a dark thriller, I play the lead, with a lot of negative shades and unlike a conventional hero; will be doing a lot of random things!
The choice of work that I do is still in my hand, and luckily the audiences will appreciate my performance in Om Shanti and go along with the image change!

Do you think that not being an Industry insider or a star son is a stumbling block?
Definitely not!
The industry is a very fair place and you are treated the way you treat others.
If being successful goes into your head and you forget who you are, where you are from and what you are worth, then that’s a problem.
Never having to struggle hard to survive nor tasting real success so far, I’m Successfully Surviving! To be honest, I have been very lucky so far, and it has been a No-sweat job with the red carpet laid out with opportunities and for that I’m thankful to the Industry.

Quick 5
Favourite Color: Mostly I prefer wearing whites!
Favourite Movie you’ve done: Chandamama
Favourite Cuisine: Nothing specific! I like to experiment for every meal!
Favourite Movie: Notebook
Dream Director: Aamir Khan, if he ever directs a film!

No comments:

Post a Comment